Re: Telepathy vs Empathy by Interpid
Hello. My sympathies. I am experiencing what appears to be at least similar, if not the same phenomenon myself, though about a year further down the line if this is recent for you.
I *was* primarily an empath. I could not say for sure whether the change came about from my own extensive experimenting, its a natural (to be expected?) thing, or a result of frequent contact with telepaths.
I am at a place now, that I hope you don't reach, and mostly like won't if you don't attempt some of the truly bizarre stunts I have. I find myself flipping back and forth from empath to telepathy dominance and vice versa fairly quickly, and without discernible warning. And though quick, there is a "between" state that is fairly uncomfortable, and different than another similar aspect of empathy.
It all began with a change in empathic perception. For most of my life I was able to read the emotion of another, in general terms, picking up the dominant one, maybe a mix of one or two more underlying the top one. It was there, I could usually tell the persons general emotional state and reactions. Then I began feeling them. After a few overloads, and experiencing emotions that had nothing to do with me, I decided I REALLY didn't like this development and set about various 'fixes'. I tried filtering, layered shielding, blocking, even went so far as a complete shutdown. The only thing that had significant results was layered shielding, which takes effort to maintain. The most effective method I've found to date is to shield yourself and have two others layer a shield over the top. The mechanics of why it works are unknown to me , I only know its effective.
As time goes by, the difference between empathic/telepathic overload will become easier to identify. With empathy, I usually feel like I'm in a very crowded room, where everyone is talking, but I'm not hearing anything. Instead, the sound becomes a steadily increasing pressure, as though the air has become very thick, and I have trouble thinking clearly. If someone speaks to me, its like listening to sound under water. Now I know that as soon as people start to sound "far away" its time to run. Telepathy is harder to describe. An overload would be like standing on an invisible freeway, eyes closed, while cars moving fast, but at different rates of speed, zoom past you. As they go by, they toss something out the window for you to catch, but its all so fast and their aim is off.
In what I think of as the 'between' state, its a bit like empathy where you know the emotion but don't feel it , but not quite. I feel it, but its more vague and the source is not certain. And simultaneously surface thoughts of others will just kind of arrive. It's all simultaneous, and whether the thought fragments are coming from the same people the emotions are, is not clear, but I suspect not, they don't usually align logically. Physically I feel like I just woke up, and everything is foggy. This state usually lasts a few minutes (though it can be several hours) and then one becomes dominant and the disorientation disappears.
The between state could be a normal state that many rest in, perceiving both, and ignoring it, or a sloppy transition from one dominance to the other. I don't know.
Once dominance of one or the other is achieved, without enough input to be a nuisance, its fairly clear. Though for me, the telepathic input has changed in how it occurs over the last few months. I no longer pick up fragments or single thoughts. I now get a full concept. I get a rush of visuals too fast to interpret, and a min or two later I have a concept. Such as "you went on a date with a new person, and enjoyed it" In the short time it takes to process the incoming information, I feel like a proverbial deer in the headlights.
Physical distance seems to have no relevance in my experience. It's my belief that reception depends more on the strength and sensitivity of the sender and receiver.
Your analogies and metaphors, btw, are quite good. I recognized the description of what is often referred to as "the wall of noise" when an empath overloads.
While empathy and telepathy seem to be separate, and one usually dominates the other, I am not convinced they are truly separate. It has occurred to me that the subconscious may be blocking one at any given time, as a form of self-defense. When caught between dominance of the two, the amount of input for me is too much, from too many sources, to interpret. Logically, I think I would block one, enabling me to be able to make some sense of at least some of the incoming. And that is pure speculation. As to whether I switch dominance or revert back, when in the midline area, I cannot predict, and have done both.
I would be greatly interested in any ideas/theories as to what causes the dominance change. After many months of notes, I still have no idea, and no way to predict the switch.
Intrepid
I *was* primarily an empath. I could not say for sure whether the change came about from my own extensive experimenting, its a natural (to be expected?) thing, or a result of frequent contact with telepaths.
I am at a place now, that I hope you don't reach, and mostly like won't if you don't attempt some of the truly bizarre stunts I have. I find myself flipping back and forth from empath to telepathy dominance and vice versa fairly quickly, and without discernible warning. And though quick, there is a "between" state that is fairly uncomfortable, and different than another similar aspect of empathy.
It all began with a change in empathic perception. For most of my life I was able to read the emotion of another, in general terms, picking up the dominant one, maybe a mix of one or two more underlying the top one. It was there, I could usually tell the persons general emotional state and reactions. Then I began feeling them. After a few overloads, and experiencing emotions that had nothing to do with me, I decided I REALLY didn't like this development and set about various 'fixes'. I tried filtering, layered shielding, blocking, even went so far as a complete shutdown. The only thing that had significant results was layered shielding, which takes effort to maintain. The most effective method I've found to date is to shield yourself and have two others layer a shield over the top. The mechanics of why it works are unknown to me , I only know its effective.
As time goes by, the difference between empathic/telepathic overload will become easier to identify. With empathy, I usually feel like I'm in a very crowded room, where everyone is talking, but I'm not hearing anything. Instead, the sound becomes a steadily increasing pressure, as though the air has become very thick, and I have trouble thinking clearly. If someone speaks to me, its like listening to sound under water. Now I know that as soon as people start to sound "far away" its time to run. Telepathy is harder to describe. An overload would be like standing on an invisible freeway, eyes closed, while cars moving fast, but at different rates of speed, zoom past you. As they go by, they toss something out the window for you to catch, but its all so fast and their aim is off.
In what I think of as the 'between' state, its a bit like empathy where you know the emotion but don't feel it , but not quite. I feel it, but its more vague and the source is not certain. And simultaneously surface thoughts of others will just kind of arrive. It's all simultaneous, and whether the thought fragments are coming from the same people the emotions are, is not clear, but I suspect not, they don't usually align logically. Physically I feel like I just woke up, and everything is foggy. This state usually lasts a few minutes (though it can be several hours) and then one becomes dominant and the disorientation disappears.
The between state could be a normal state that many rest in, perceiving both, and ignoring it, or a sloppy transition from one dominance to the other. I don't know.
Once dominance of one or the other is achieved, without enough input to be a nuisance, its fairly clear. Though for me, the telepathic input has changed in how it occurs over the last few months. I no longer pick up fragments or single thoughts. I now get a full concept. I get a rush of visuals too fast to interpret, and a min or two later I have a concept. Such as "you went on a date with a new person, and enjoyed it" In the short time it takes to process the incoming information, I feel like a proverbial deer in the headlights.
Physical distance seems to have no relevance in my experience. It's my belief that reception depends more on the strength and sensitivity of the sender and receiver.
Your analogies and metaphors, btw, are quite good. I recognized the description of what is often referred to as "the wall of noise" when an empath overloads.
While empathy and telepathy seem to be separate, and one usually dominates the other, I am not convinced they are truly separate. It has occurred to me that the subconscious may be blocking one at any given time, as a form of self-defense. When caught between dominance of the two, the amount of input for me is too much, from too many sources, to interpret. Logically, I think I would block one, enabling me to be able to make some sense of at least some of the incoming. And that is pure speculation. As to whether I switch dominance or revert back, when in the midline area, I cannot predict, and have done both.
I would be greatly interested in any ideas/theories as to what causes the dominance change. After many months of notes, I still have no idea, and no way to predict the switch.
Intrepid























0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home